4/28/15

Fat chicks in Bikinis: we are here to stay.

*This post is going to be a little more aggressive than you might be used to seeing on my site. If you don't like radical self acceptance and body positivity, then this post isn't for you.*
*Reposted from my other site, www.gabbysbeautyspot.com**

Last week someone reported a photo of my twin for being "nudity" on Facebook. It was a photo of her in a bathing suit that was a bikini top with a lot of fringe and a pair of high waisted shorts. Hardly any skin was showing, it was far more modest that most of my suits. This sparked me to post my own bikini photo, but my photo was different. My bikini shows more skin. It is more of your typical bikini. Here is the photo of myself I shared:

 

This photo was shared twenty times, has almost 100 likes, and has resulted in many friend requests, and private messages thanking me for sharing my photo and my story. It also was reported for being "nudity" by some weenie that can't stand self confidence.

 Below is the caption that accompanied the photo:

 I wanted to share my photo, and my story/opinion. Thin chicks post swimsuit photos ALL THE TIME (I even see photos of ladies in their underwear, and they are kept up on face and go un-reported) and the people of facebook don't seem to care, but as soon as a fat chick starts to have self confidence the world throws a fit.  Don't let people tell you that you need to be thin to have a beach body. All bodies are beach bodies. If you don't like it, tough titty. Grow up. This is MY beach body, this is MY bikini body, this is me, and I REFUSE to be ashamed of my body. You better get used to fat chicks in bikinis, because the times are a-changin' and we are coming out of our shells. We won't bow down to the ridiculous beauty standards that have been set up to hide fat bodies any longer. I'm not here for the "you're not fat, you're beautiful" comments either. To break it to you gently, fat women can also be beautiful. I know, your mind must be blown. Instead of tearing down other people, you might want to take a minute to do some self reflection to understand why you're so unhappy with yourself that you need to make others feel bad too. I have spent too much of my life ashamed and harassed because of my body. In high school, multiple people used to take my photos and photoshop them to say hurtful things and hang them around classrooms. People are always going to have awful things to say, don't let it get to you. "What other people think about me is none of my business".

 Bikini: Forever21+ Top, Bottom. $14.90 a piece.

 xo, Gabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment