1/27/15

Create Fabulous Curls with the Kiss InstaWave


I have been straightening my hair for years. I got my first straightener when I was probably 13, and have always had one since. I do straighten my hair every single day, or I used to...until I got my Kiss Instawave automatic curling iron in November. This device is probably the my most favorite hair styling device that I have EVER used. I have a lot of trouble curling my own hair with a regular clip curling iron. With the normal curling iron that I own, it would take me about an hour to do my hair. That is in no way practical for me so I typically only curled my hair about once a year. With the Kiss Instawave it takes me about 5-10 minutes to do my hair. I have only used my hair straightener 4 or 5 times since I received the Instawave. It creates beautiful curls in just seconds. A full head of hair, for me at least, only takes 5-10 minutes.





The Kiss Instawave is a fully automatic clips curler that creates tangle free curls. The device consists of a short barrel that is long enough to wrap even long hair around. There are four prongs that sort of "comb: your hair while they wrap your hair around the barrel. There is a 5th prong that is closer to the barrel that you place your hair either on top of or under of, depending on the way you want your curl to go. Once you place your hair, you press the "left" or "right" arrow button, these directions are the way your hair will curl. It is easy to use with any hand, at just about any angle. I am able to do the back of my head with such ease. There is an automatic shut-off timer that will turn the device off after 90 minutes. I love that it has this feature, as I only feel comfortable using devices that have an automatic shut off timer. I am so forgetful and usually forget to turn off my devices at least once a week.

Here is a quick video of me showing how to use it:
A video posted by Gabby Lynn Reviews💅👗💄 (@gabbylynnreviews) on

The Instawave creates many different types of curls, depending on how long you leave your hair wrapped around it and the temperature you use. I like bouncy curls, so I typically use the curler for about 10-15 seconds on the higher of the two  temperature settings, which is 420 degrees fahrenheit.I like to alternate the direction of the curl for each curl, to create a more natural look.


I have seen many other types of automatic curlers, but they all looked so terrifying. Many of them suck your hair up into a chamber, where it can get stuck and often burns. I like that there is no champers for this.. Your hair is not stuck to anything, and remains tangle free. Since I received the product, I have had no problems with the device at all. I get so many compliments every day on my new hair style. A cowoker of mine loved how it makes my hair look so much that she went out and got one for her daughter. My twin also went out and bought one after seeing my results. The kiss Instawave can be purchased at Target for $59.99 or at Ulta for the same price.



For a more thorough "how to" video, you can check out the one created by Kiss. This is the video I used to learn how to use the device:

I received the product mentioned in this post for free, in exchange for my honest feed back. To learn more about this product you can visit the Kiss Instawave website. This is a product that I honestly recommend to anyone who has trouble curling their hair with a normal curling iron. I feel fabulous when I use this curler. It leaves me looking great and feeling great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment