1/7/15

Aztec City Eyeshadow Palette by Paula Dorf

 Paula Dorf is a brand that I have worked with before, and I jumped at the opportunity to work with them again, this time testing out their Aztec City Palette. There are few things in life that I love more than some neutral eyeshadows in a well constructed palette, so I just knew this is a product I needed to try. I also got to try the Teal Lash Color.


 The colors in this pallet are gorgeous. While I do have many neutral eye shadow palettes, I do not have on like this. This palette has a beautiful pearl white, sky blue, sand tan, and two matte browns. Looking at the colors while in the palette, I believed that I would fall in love with this right away, but sadly, I did not.

  The colors are far to sheer for my liking. I cannot get them to show up very well on my skin. The shadows are very dry and chalky. The only ones that are noticeable on my skin are the blue and the dark brown. I wanted to love the white, but it basically goes on clear. It will make for an alright highlighter, but I will not be using it on it's own. The third color in the palette is a great color to put over other eyeshadows to tone the colors down or to add a hint of shimmer. The fourth color just doesn't show up at all. The last color in the palette is a color that I will be using. I use dark browns on the outside corners of my eyes, and blend inward into a lighter color. This color will be perfect for that, as it is easily blended.

All of the colors have been applied to my hand, in a row. The only colors that are really noticeable are the blue and the dark brown. The mascara has been added to my finger tips.



The mascara does not show up teal on my lashes. To me, it looks like a normal black mascara with just a hint of blue. I could not get the color to photograph at all.



This kit is a wonderful kit for those who like their eyeshadow to be a little muted or subtle. I like my eyeshadow to be vivid. My eyeshadow is typically darker and stands out. The formula of the mascara could be improved to be more creamy.


Use code TEAL at checkout to receive a free mascara!

I received the products mentioned above in exchange for my honest feedback. Thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment