12/27/14

One Direction Limited Edition Beauty Collection

  Are you still looking for the perfect gift for a tween girl that loves makeup and One Direction? If so, then I have the perfect gift! Consider giving her the One Direction Limited-Edition Beauty Collection! This collection has 5 different kits, 1 with a different band members face on the tin cover. The contents of each tin is the same. Inside you will find 6 eye shadows, 4 lip glosses, 2 nail polishes, an eye liner pencil, and a lip gloss top coat.


  I like that this kit is straight forward. With the various colors, it is easy to create any kind of look. I tend to go for more "neutral" looking eye shadow looks, so I used the various browns in this kit on my eyelids. I also used a little of the eyeliner along my lash line on my eye lid, and on my water line on my bottom lid, as I normally do. I will discuss each individual product in their own sections below.





Eye Shadows:
Nobody Compares- Metallic silver
Tell Me A Lie- Metallic nude pink 
Same Mistakes- Metallic mint
I Would- Smokey brown shimmer
Summer Love- Smokey purple haze
Everything About You- Smokey black shimmer



I kind of winder who was in charge of creating these colors. To me "Tell Me a Lie" is not a nude pink, it is a tan/brown color. "I Would" is almost black, it is only a few shades lighter than "Everything About You".

Eye Pencil:
I Want- True matte black



This eyeliner had the potential to be great. It went on so smoothly on my arm, but when I applied it to my eyes it hardly shows up. It would be great for someone who likes a subtle eyeliner look, but when    I do my eyeliner, I go full raccoon.  I had to go over my lid and water line again and again to even get it to show up half as much as I wanted it to. 

Lip Gloss:
Loved You First- Bubble gum pink
One Thing- Frosted pink ice
Irresistible- Shimmered pearl
Heart Attack- Creamy rose shine
Lip Gloss Top Coat:
Over Again- Silver glitter sparkle



The lip glosses were not bad, for a lip gloss. The color is long lasting and the sparkle to coat goes on smooth and is not too sticky. 


Nail Varnish:
Stole My Heart- Magenta pink shimmer
Alive- Multi-coloured glitter flakes




The pink polish requires at least 2 full coats on the nail. I love fun sparkle top coats, so I will probably use "Alive" up quickly. These bottles are pretty small,  and the lids are kind of hard to hold on to. 

Lip Brush
Eyeshadow Applicator

  These were just "Meh". They are great for people just learning how to use makeup. I prefer my full size makeup brushes. 

While I am not a huge fan of these products, I can see how they would appeal to the younger crowd. This is a great makeup set for youngsters just learning how to apply makeup. It comes with a variety of products and tools that they can use and experiment with. I loved getting these types of makeup kits when I was a teenager.

To learn more, you can visit the Makeup by One Direction Facebook page. These kits are available for purchase at your local Sears USA, Kmart, Target, and Walmart Canada. I saw that sears sells them for roughly $12.00USD.

No comments:

Post a Comment