The Japanese Konjac Sponge is probably my favorite facial cleansing tool. It is an all natural sponge that comes from the root of the Konjac plant. The wild mint extract has anti-inflammatory and disinfectant properties, so I don't really feel that I have to use a harsh facewash with this sponge like I do with other sponges. I have a few different Konjac sponges and I like them all for different things. The Wild Mint Konjac Sponge is suitable for all skin types, and is my favorite sponge to use when I have an acne flair up or if I am wearing a lot of makeup. This sponge exfoliates a little better than my other sponges, leaving my skin feeling clean.
This sponge arrives hard and dried out. To use the sponge you simply run it under warm water for 5-10 minutes, until it is soft. Once it is completely soft you can put a little of your favorite cleanser on it and start cleaning your face with. I noticed that these sponges last longer if you just use water instead of a facial cleanser.
Here is my sponge that I have had for four weeks. It is starting to break down now, which means its time for a new one. The package does say that you should replace them every 4-6 weeks, so this lasted as long as it should have. Mine is pretty stained from my makeup. I do wear a lot of makeup, daily. The sponge is wet in this photo.
Here you can see how the sponge looks when it arrive, and how it looks wet. The sponge becomes bigger, and much MUCH softer. I like that this sponge has big pores, it exfoliates better than my other sponges.
What I like about the sponge:
- The wild mint extract acts as a natural disinfectant, I don't need to use a harsh face wash.
- Comes with string attaches so it can be hung.
- It is a great exfoliator. Leaves my face feeling much cleaner.
- I do wish this sponge lasted longer, I don't really like that it breaks down in just four weeks. $11 every 4-6 weeks seems like a bit much to me.
Would I recommend this to others:
- Yes, if you are willing to spend the money on it, it is a great sponge. It leaves my face feeling very clean and feeling smooth.
- No, if you are on a tight budget you may want to look at alternatives.
This Wild Mint Konjac Sponge can be purchased on Amazon for $11.00.