7/28/14

Under 15 Minutes Quick and Easy Vegetarian Meals By Jonathan Vine Cook Book Review

Since I have started working out, I decided it was time that I should probably be eating a little healthier as well. While I am not a vegetarian any longer I do still enjoy making vegetarian meals. I find that they are often easier, quicker and healthier than meals that I cook with meats. I recently got the change to review the Under 15 Minutes Quick and Easy Vegetarian Meals By Jonathan Vine cook book. I jumped at the chance because it gave me the opportunity to try new recopies that I might not have even thought to try before.

I really like this cookbook because of its simplicity. I think that all of the meals inside are easy enough to make that almost anyone could prepare them. You can even change the recipes up and add some meat to them if you are interested in the quick meals but are a meat eater.

This cook book has 3 different categories of recipes in it. Each section has breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes.  Some even have dessert recipes! The first set of recopies contains meals for the busy mom. These meals can are quick and easy to prepare that children will enjoy. Meals in this section include Cheesy Mushrooms, Creamy Corn Soup, Caramel Apples, and more. The next section has meals that can be prepared for a romantic setting. In this section you will find meals like Spiced Sautéed Mushrooms, Nutella French Toast, Lemon Roasted Asparagus, and more. There is also a section meant for kids! This section contains meals like Nutella Popsicles, Pizza Sandwiches, Dark Chocolate Clusters, and more. The next section has quick recopies for parties. Meals in this section include Tortilla Wheels, Mini Pita Pizzas, Spicy Cheese Fondue and more. With 100 recipes in this book, you are sure to find something that you will enjoy!

I did make a couple recipe in this book, but unfortunately I forgot to take photos. The first recipe in this book that I tried was the Tortilla Wheels recipe. They were so quick and easy to make.
The instructions called for

  • Flour Tortillas
  • 1/2 cup cream cheese
  • roasted bell peppers, sliced
  • 1 bunch parsley, coarsely chopped
  • salt, pepper to taste
The instructions were simple:
  1. Spread the cream cheese over tortillas.
  2. Top with roasted bell peppers, parsley, salt, and pepper.
  3. Roll tortillas tightly, wrap in plastic wrap.
  4. Refrigerate for a few hours. Will keep up to two days in fridge. 
  5. Slice into 1in think slices, arrange on platter and serve. 
I liked how easy and quick this was. It only took about 5 minutes to make. You can also customize this to suit your tastes. You can add meats, cheeses, and anything else you can think of. 

This book is good for anyone who is short on time but still enjoys delicious meals. It can be utilized by vegetarians and non vegetarians. All of the meals are easily customizable. You can swap in different ingredients, or subtract ones that you don't like. 

The e-book edition is currently on sale for $3.49 on Amazon
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment