7/25/14

July Ipsy Glam Bag


It is no secret that I am addicted to makeup! I never leave the house without it. I even do my makeup when I don't leave the house! I love the fun ways that we are able to change our appearance through makeup. I like that we can keep our look simple or we can glam ourselves up. I would say that makeup is my creative outlet. I am always trying new products and experimenting with my look. 
 I have been subscribed to Ipsy for almost two years, although I am currently taking a break it in order to reduce spending on things I don't really need. The July bag is the last bag I will receive until I decide to resubscribe. I did not unsubscribe because I was unhappy with the bags I have been receiving. I cannot wait to sign back up! Since posting this I have rejoined. I just love this subscription too  much! If you are thinking about joining you can use my link to sign up! Just click this here to sign up!
For those of you who do not know, Ipsy is a subscription makeup service. Each month subscribers receive an adorable themed Glam Bag with 4-5 sample and full size items inside! The cost is only $10 a month, but the value is usually much more! Twice I have received an Urban Decay eyeliner in my bag, already upping the value of the bag beyond $10!
When you sign up, you are asked to take a beauty quiz. The results from this quiz are used to personalize your bag. Some months you may receive an item that you do not like, but I find that that is rare. Each month there is a pool of about 20 items that go into bags, each subscriber will receive 4-5 of those items.
Here is a look at my July Ipsy Glam Bag. The July theme is Sensationally Sunkissed. 




 The first Item I pulled of of the bag was a full size Elizabeth Mott Tints & Sass lip and cheek stain. I am such a fan of lip stains, I have a bunch of them already. I have not tried this brand before receiving the item in my bag. The first thing I noticed when I opened the bottle was the pleasant cherry scent. The liquid stain is light, which makes it easily build able. This item costs $22.99 on the Elizabeth Mott website.
 wet                                                                                  dry 

What I like:
 The subtle cherry scent
Buildable coverage

What I dislike:
Has a funky chemical taste (not that I should licking my lips anyways...)
Takes a while to dry as you build on

The second Item that I pulled out of the bag was a .5oz sample size Pur~Lisse Pur~Protect spf 30 sunscreen. Being as pale as I am, I basically live in sunscreen when I step outside. This product is made with blue lotus, white tea, soy pro tines, sea silk, and lupine peptides. There is a very pleasant scent. There is no  oily feeling that you get with other sunscreens. It feels more like a lotion. The full size product costs $55 on the PurLisse website.


What I like: 
Has a pleasant scent
Protects skin against harmful sun rays
Absorbs quickly
Doesn't leave skin feeling oily

What I dislike:
Nothing I disliked about this product.


The third item that I pulled out was the Pop Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer in Secret Sunshine. I would have liked for this product to be a little more shimmery. This item costs $10 on the Pop Beauty website.



What I like:
Color doesn't rub off
Buildable coverage

What I dislike: 
A little too dark for my skin tone
Container is a little hard to open with shorter nails

Alternate use: I could use this as an eyeshadow 


The fourth product that I received was a sample size bareMinerals 5in1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow. This eyeshadown does on wet, then dries to a matte eyeshadow that doesn't rub off. This product contains spf 15 mineral sunscreen to protect against harmful sun rays. The full size product costs $18 and can be purchased on the Ulta website.


What I like:
Unlike many powder shadows, the color does not rub off

What I dislike:
Takes a long time to dry
Not a color I would have chosen

Alternate use: I would use this as a primer


Now, for my favorite product! I absolutely love the Whet nail polish that I received in the bag. It is a beautiful electric blue. Whet nail polish is "three free" which means it is void of harmful chemicals like formaldehyde, toluene, dpd (dibutyle phthalate). This is made with a vegan formula that is made in the USA and not tested on animals. This product can be purchased on the Whet website for $15.

What I like:
Beautiful blue color
Chip resistant 
What I dislike:
Took 4 coats in order to be opaque. 

The total value of the full size products is $47.99, plus the value of the sample sizes, so this bag was a steal!
*I was not compensated for writing this review. I purchased this bag myself.*
Thinking about signing up? Click here!
Sound off in the comments: What are your favorite beauty products? 

27 comments:

  1. Great products and great review! I wish I would wear more makeup but never seem to have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's actually a pretty good value in that box! Great honest review. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need the bronzer and nail color! Nice review! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm big on tints and brown powder shadows so these two are my faves in this set of products that you reviewed. Thank you for your honest review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before in college, I didn't wear makeup and wondered why girls really have to - to make themselves look pretty and presentable. But now, like yourself, I also can't leave the house without it! I'd like to experiment on the pop beauty sunkissed bronzer. The item has a decent price.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watch a lot of Youtube videos to check out what people are discovering for new makeup. I like pictures better though and appreciate an honest review. Sometimes people pretend that every single product is a miracle product and your review was actually honest and interesting to read through :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im in love with the color of the nailpolish! Love the deep blues like that - toes and nails. This company looks great I will check it out

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...that was so educational and exciting....but I am still am waiting for the DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review!! Once day I will have more time and energy to put into my make-up routine ;) thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very informative review, I would like to try some of these products.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your review. I like when one honestly says the cons along with the pros. I love the blue nail polish, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow all these products are simply amazing.. loved the electric blue nail paint.. last week I got two shades of blue, but I guess those are not as bright and shiny as this.. need to check this out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your review of these products. Unlike you, I am NOT a big makeup wearer-- so this was very helpful for those of us not as knowledgeable about the items. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like that they give you a quiz to help personalize your bag. That's way better than just a random draw of items arriving.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to get a glam bag like this. So many fun products to try. Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to subscribe to a box subscription service, I have read so much about them and they sounds like such a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great review and you have me thinking about ordering. Great colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You convinced me to order it! I love that they have UD products in their boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It seems like a pretty decent value. I'll be sure to let my wife know about it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not sure if my comment went thru. Pls. delete this if yes. Wow, this is a wonderful subscription box. We don't have Ipsy here but we have beauty subscription boxes that contains beautiful product. The bb eyeshadow looks promising.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yours looks great sorta hate mine the I'm allergic to tanners and I keep getting them, the cream shadow i got is exactly my skin color s might use it as base. Well in a few words I;m seriously thinking to cancel my ipsy

    ReplyDelete
  22. everything looks nice! I have a few beauty boxes sponored by a local beauty box here in malaysia and i love them all though i never liked that i all is make up products hahah since i am not into it

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks like a super fun subscription box account. I love all of these products!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nice, makeup can definitely change the way a person looks. ~ Don Purdum

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great products!! I want to try the Beauty Boxes here but I think want the bag you got more.,

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very helpful! thinking about purchasing some of these myself.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for sharing a bit about these products. I think I would try the Pur~Lisse Pur~Protect spf 30 sunscreen. I prefer sunscreens that go on smooth like lotion.

    ReplyDelete