6/30/14

Ice Sphere Molds by Infernal Innovations Review




If there is one product that I was dying to try in my home, it was ice ball molds. I recently got the chance to review Ice Sphere Molds by Infernal Innovations, an opportunity that I jumped at! I have always been skeptical about ice balls. I have heard over and over how much longer they last than regular ice cubes in your beverage, I had to test it out for myself. I was sent a two-pack of the ice sphere molds. Right away I knew I wanted to try something a little fun. I added some watermelon to one of the molds, then filled both of the molds to the fill-line with water. I chose watermelon because it is my favorite fruit to add to water. I left them sit over night. I was eager to try them as soon as I work up! I immediately pulled out some glasses and poured myself some water, i added one ice ball to each glass. I drank the glass with the watermelon ice ball. I found that I really liked the frozen watermelon ice ball even better than just adding watermelon to water. I think that the ice ball pulls the flavor out of the watermelon as it freezes and as it melts into the water it releases that flavor evenly. 

Each mold creates a 2.5" ball of ice, equal to about 5 ice cubes. I noticed that my watermelon ice ball stayed frozen for about an hour and a half while the regular water ice ball stayed frozen for even longer. Ice balls stay frozen longer because there is less surface area than you would typically have with 5 ice cubes. 

Equipment:
The ice ball mold is made from quality materials including a durable plastic base and Infernal Orange silicon top, and although there is a fill like, the ice mold lids are designed with grooves to catch excess water from accidental overfilling. These molds are dishwasher safe and designed for easy stacking that won't tip over in the freezer.

Overall:
I think these are a great product. They were so simple to use, the ice released from the mold very easily and I do believe that these will become a staple in my home. I have already removed the ice trays from my freezer and replaced them with more Ice Ball molds. I think that these would be great to use with Keurig brewed ice coffee, lemonades, and their other "add ice" varieties! They are also great for liquor drinkers, these would be a grey replacement in scotch, whiskey, or wine!








Here is an awesome How To Video from Infernal Innovations:


Currently on Amazon, you can purchase these Ice Molds for $7.99,  saving you $17! You can also buy the Infernal Innovations Ice Sphere Molds on their website, for $16.99.

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment