10/1/13

Daregal Fresh Frozen Gourmet Herbs


I received a sampler of Daregal Gourmet fresh frozen herbs to review as a part of a Blog Friendly PR campaign. All opinions are my own and no compensation was received.

Daregal Fresh Frozen Herbs are ready-to-use frozen chopped herbs. Freshly chopped herbs are a great alternative to powdered or dried herbs because frozen herbs retain more of the flavor, nutrients, and scent. With theses chopped herbs you will save time by not having to waste it by needing to chop the herbs yourself, you also won't have to throw out any stems or other waste associated with food-prep. Daregal Fresh Frozen herbs can be used in place of dried herbs in pretty much any recipe that calls for the herb you need. These herbs can be used as a garnish, in a salad dress in, pasta sauce, marinades, dips and more! They contain no preservatives like dried herbs do.

I recently was sent a couple of herbs from Daregal to try for myself! I love trying new healthier foods, so this opportunity was great for me! Being in college limits the time I am able to cook, so I like how convenient these were.


Chives:
I love fresh chives, I often eat them without cooking them. These were great, they were way better than any chives I have grown myself. They tasted super fresh, just like they had been picked from a garden. I do have to admit that I ate a few chopped pieces right out of the box. As for this item cooked, I haven't had a lot of time this month to cook anything fancy, so I just made some elbow macaroni with vodka sauce. For this, I used a recipe form the web, but changed it a little.
Ingredients:
½ cup butter
1 cup vodka
2 (28oz) cans of crushed tomatoes (or tomato sauce if you don't like chunky tomatoes)
1 pint heavy cream
A sprinkle of Daregal Chives (add as much or as little as you want.

Cook vodka and butter for 10 minutes on medium heat. Mix in tomatoes and chives and cook for about 20 minutes, then pour in the heavy cream and cook for another 30 minutes. Cook pasta on the side as directed.
* I accidentally started to add the Dill, it came out pretty good though! I guess it's a bonus since this used both herbs!




Dill:

Dill is another herb I love, and so does my cat (as I write this he is eating up the leftover dill I have sitting on a plate)! I think it's one of those “take it or leave it” foods, not many people like it. More for me I guess! For the Dill, I used one of my favorite recipes: Ranch Oyster Crackers!


1 package oyster crackers.
1 ranch packet
1 tablespoon of dill
1 cup vegetable oil
1 table spoon lemon pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder

Preheat the oven to 250. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix until evenly coated. Spread out on a baking sheet. Bake for 15/20 minutes. You can eat these cool or warm. I love them warm! I don't have a photo of this recepie. I completely forgot to take them!








Overall, I really like this product. I prefer to use fresh ingredients over dried, because they generally taste better. I do wish the container was easier to open. It was so hard to get the top off! Other than that I totally recommend these to everyone. Daregal Fresh Frozen Chopped Herbs can be purchased here. Be sure to check them out, as they have a wide rang of herbs to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment